Wubook Login Lost Password

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Booking Engine Filter Logic
I understand what you are saying. And there is some logic there. I still think it is much easier though to show ALL accommodation types for the given number of guests rather than a small subset that exactly fits the number of guests. I think in your method there is a risk that guests will think that there are no other options and leave the site.

I should also say, I have never seen this method used anywhere else. In general, all of the BE's I have used show all options for the number of guests. Does that make it better or more correct. No, just more usual.

However, and here is the bigger problem. We are looking at ways of adding a search box on our website that pre-loads the from / to dates and the number of guests and then fetches and displays the results on a page, perhaps using fount / wired / alien. If the number of guests is let's say, 2 people, then by existing logic, only a 1-bed apartment will be returned and this could make the guest think that is all we have available. Of course in reality, all accommodations are suitable for 2 people, 1-bed, 2-bed and 3-bed villa. So we risk losing the client.

I am trying to think ahead here Daniele. The Online Reception is very good and we can turn off the filter or live with the filter logic. My concern is with the downstream solution and how this is affected by Wubook design and structure.

Of course, I am coming at this from a position of not fully understanding how we will integrate the booking engine into our websites. With other BE solutions it is easier to understand, simple SOAP functions using an XML library. We have done this before. Here we are having to learn a new way of integrating the BE so perhaps my questions / logic are impaired and we will have a better solution with wubook.

Many thanks for joining this discussion.

Regards
Dave

Messages In This Thread
Booking Engine Filter Logic - by DC041 - 01-05-2014, 03:12 AM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by white - 01-07-2014, 03:54 AM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by DC041 - 01-07-2014, 04:23 AM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by white - 01-07-2014, 05:02 AM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by DC041 - 01-07-2014, 08:47 PM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by white - 01-07-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by DC041 - 01-07-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by white - 01-09-2014, 03:51 AM
RE: Booking Engine Filter Logic - by yellow - 01-08-2014, 02:30 AM