Wubook Login Lost Password

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WuBOOK Joomla Plugin not working
Morning

I have implemented the joomla module and plugin on my joomla 3.1 website but while the module displays fine, the {wbiframe} plugin refuses to show the booking widget. I have tried this on several pages. You can see the module here - http://www.flamingoresortbodrum.com/help-support - it's in a temporary location for testing purposes but as you can see, it is working OK.

Can someone advise as to the likely problem with display of the plugin. The website uses the latest version of Joomla and I can see no reason why the plugin should fail to work. I am using the simple form of {wbiframe} for embedding the plugin in a content page.

Thanks for your help and advice

Regards
Dave
Hello Dave,

I developed the plugin and I know it works on several sites... but I'm ready to support you!
I visited the page and I can see the widget. Could you provide a page with the iframe implementation, please?
(12-31-2013, 08:19 PM)steel Wrote: Hello Dave,

I developed the plugin and I know it works on several sites... but I'm ready to support you!
I visited the page and I can see the widget. Could you provide a page with the iframe implementation, please?

Good to hear from you Steel. The plugin is tested on a few pages but none work. Here is an example page:

http://www.flamingoresortbodrum.com/ - it would be located just below the text "Flamingo Country Club is a self-contained holiday resort comprising of beautiful villas and apartments with views to the sea, lake and mountains of the Bodrum peninsula". It is only a test so looks are not important, I just want to see it working.

BTW, when I look at the source code for this page I see <!-- Module mod_wumla is not active --> but as you know, it is loaded and active as shown on page http://www.flamingoresortbodrum.com/help-support

Any ideas?
The iframe version is a plugin called "PluginWuBookRecetion": you must enable also this one, did you?
Happy New Year

Yes I did Steel - both module and plugin are published.
Ok!
I can reproduce the error when I disable the module... maybe do you have more than one module installed?
(01-02-2014, 06:47 PM)steel Wrote: Ok! I can reproduce the error when I disable the module... maybe do you have more than one module installed?

It appears that the plugin works providing the module is active on the same page (linked by the same menu item). If I do this I can see the two items side by side. That's a little pointless of course, you need one or the other but not both at the same time!

I can also now see that rather than being a widget as per the module that it is in fact a full blown iframe implementation of the reception desk. That took me by surprise, I expected it to be the same form as the module but just insert-able into the text of an article which would be very useful.

Have I missed something here Steel? It seems a strange implementation, one I have never come across before in Joomla.
No, you didn't miss anything: it's a limitation of Joomla.
If the plugin uses the module settings Joomla needs the module active in the same page, otherwise the plugin needs to be developed independently of the module.

At the moment I suggest you use a module to load html + js until I find a solution.
(01-03-2014, 07:28 PM)steel Wrote: No, you didn't miss anything: it's a limitation of Joomla.
If the plugin uses the module settings Joomla needs the module active in the same page, otherwise the plugin needs to be developed independently of the module.

At the moment I suggest you use a module to load html + js until I find a solution.

Hi Steel

It's unusual. I have been using joomla since 1.5 and I have never come across the need to have a module and plugin published on the same page for the plugin to work.

Sorry, I don't understand "At the moment I suggest you use a module to load html + js until I find a solution". Do you mean use code like jumi to include a module in a content page and simply call the wu_book module?

Dave
Hi Dave,

the limitation relates to Joomla: if a plugin uses the data of a module, the module must be active on the same page. I'm planning to develop another module or plugin to solve this issue, but I don't know the timing.

"At the moment I suggest you use a module to load html + js until I find a solution" <-- I mean to use another Joomla resource to paste the iframe code inside your pages.