Wubook Login Lost Password

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Online Reception - Guest booking experience
Hello,

Here are a couple more suggestions I found whilst setting up our booking site which I hope you can consider for future: 

ONLINE RECEPTION - BOOKING PAGE

SEARCH TERM - Rooms

On the booking search in English it says 'Accommodations'. It doesn't sound good when booking hotel rooms, so it would be better if we could have the option to choose the term used here 'Rooms', 'units', 'apartments' etc.

SEARCH RESULTS - Guest Configuration

When booking '1 Accommodation' for chosen guest types (example 2 adults, 1 child), the search options shown are perfect : each room shows up with the correct configuration offered: 2 adults, 1 child. 

However, if booking 2 or more rooms, even though you specify the guest types for each room, all the rooms are offered with a random configuration rather than the actual options possible for this configuration and don't even correspond to the guests selected (for example searching 1 room for 2 adults + 1 10yr old, and 1 room for 1 adult, it comes up with options for infants in each room which wasn't even in the original guest search).

BOARD TYPES - All boards

In the search, the guest can select dates, accommodation and guests. 

I'd also like to see the possibility of selecting the board option at the search phase (Bed and Breakfast or Half Board).
Then ideally it would show your chosen board on the first page rather than 'All Boards'. It doesn't make sense for me to have 'All Boards' after the search because it only shows the cheapest option anyway (for us B&B - if you don't edit the room options) - meaning after search it presents 2 pages of Bed and Breakfast and 1 of half board. It would be better if the guests chosen board option was on the first page, with the other option/s on the other tab/s.

COLOURS

A small thing - but I'd also like to see the possibility to change the colours used for the theme of the booking engine some time in future if possible!

Don't worry... I have nearly run out of ideas ;-) but haven't started using the finance system yet!

Thanks!
Hi Camilla,

slowly I answer you to everything! :-)

- About "ROOMS" term, previously we had this one in our BE, but we have deliberately replaced it with
"accommodations" so that it could be adapted to any type of accommodation facility, not just hotels.
We note the possibility to choose the item to show.

- About occupancy results in searching 2 or more rooms, maybe something can be improved, but we
don't believe so much.
If You select just one accommodation with a specific occupancy, Zak is capable to show all rooms in
that one occupancy's preference.
But when a guest is looking for 2 rooms (in general more than one), it becomes more complicated to
assign some occupancy to a specific room, to search available rooms.
I'll give you an example. If You have only these two types of rooms:

- a double room that accepts an extra person (room A)
  - another double that doesn't (room B): it is just for 2 pax and no more.

and a guest is looking for two rooms with these occupancies: 2 adults + 2 adults, 1 child.
If Zak assign 2 ad to room A, there will be no more rooms available for 3 persons (2ad + 1ch).

However, there is a solution: enable the Best Solution. Here Zak, depending on what you ask,
calculates the best combination, taking everything correctly: the specific occupancy for both (or more)
rooms!

- About selection of board types, may be I've not understood the problem well... When Zak shows all
accommodations available for the dates/occupancy requested, is always shown the cheapest rate,
that is the cheapest board. How could be an All inclusive rate shown as first?
Anyway, it's difficult to propose a board before to know the dates requested, because boards are
related to rates and rates may have different opening and closing days in the various periods of the
year. So, before to propose a choice of boards, we have to know the stay date requested.

- About Online Reception, the request to be able to customize it is felt by customers, but we have
chosen to have a minimalist product, even if smart, which at the moment cannot be a customized
product: the widget that goes on your site can be customized by your webmaster to better
contextualize it, but the Online Reception page, actually, is a Wubook page. :-)
We will see if ever in the future.

Thanks for all your proposals!